Public Safety Links
Phone: 395-4554 or 395-4555
Location: Levinson Hall (Campus Map)
What to look for
Please use this checklist to help you identify possible letter and parcel bombs.
- Foreign mail, air mail, and special deliveries.
- Restrictive markings such as “CONFIDENTIAL” or “PERSONAL”.
- Excessive postage.
- Handwritten or poorly typed address.
- Incorrect titles.
- Misspellings of common words.
- Oily stains or discoloration on package.
- Excessive weight.
- Rigid, lopsided, or uneven envelopes.
- Excessive tape or string.
- Visual distractions.
- No return address.
Handling Suspicious Packages
- DO NOT open or shake it.
- DO NOT carry or show to others.
- DO NOT bring to the Police Department.
- DO NOT sniff, touch or taste.
- DO place on stable surface, preferably a Bio-Safety Cabinet.
- DO alert others in the area.
- Leave the area, close doors and prevent others from entering by using signs or guarding.
- Distance and separation are the safest precautions to take.
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Call the Public Safety Department at 395-4555.
- Create a list of persons in the room where the package was received.
For more information
US Postal Service Website: Handling Suspcious Mail