Public Safety Links
Phone: 395-4554 or 395-4555
Location: Levinson Hall (Campus Map)
In the event a violent accident, explosion or aircraft crash, occurs on campus that could render a building or area unsafe, take the following action:
- Immediately take cover under tables, desks or other objects for protection against glass or debris.
- After effects of the explosion have subsided, notify the Department of Public Safety at 661-395-4555. Give your name; describe the location and nature of the emergency.
- If necessary, or as directed to do so by Public Safety or college staff, activate the building evacuation alarm.
- Notify your Supervisor or instructor, then evacuate the immediate danger area:
- Be aware of structural damage.
- Stay away from glass doors and windows.
- Do not touch or move any suspicious object.
- Assist others, especially the injured and persons with disabilities, in evacuating the building.
- Once outside, move to a clear area at least 50 feet away from the affected building. Keep the walkways clear for emergency vehicles.
- To the best of your ability, and without re-entering the building, assist Public Safety Officers or college staff in their attempt to determine that everyone has evacuated safely.
- An Emergency Operations Center will be activated. Keep clear of the command post unless you have important information to report
- DO NOT RETURN TO A BUILDING UNTIL TOLD TO DO SO OR UNTIL ‘ALL CLEAR’ HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED