Timeline for 2012 Accreditation Visit
This page has the timeline of the Self-Evaluation Report creation to Accreditation visit. Link to tabular version from Editor's work to Final Copy.
- Self-Evaluation Committee (SEC) forms in Spring 2011. Eleven sub-committees meet in April 2011 to plan initial steps.
- Eleven sub-committees work in Fall 2011 gathering evidence, interviewing people, gathering data from an all-college Accrediation Survey, and writing their part of the Self-Evaluation Report.
- "Ready for Prime Time" drafts of the eleven sub-committees finished by Thanksgiving 2011.
- SEC reviews the drafts over next two weeks, giving feedback to the eleven sub-committees who tweak their drafts over the winter break and then put them into their "Edit Ready Document" folders.
- The Editor (Jennifer Jett) of the self-study report sends her finished work to Accrediation Steering Comm (ASC) by February 14th.
- ASC has the revised draft February 15-28 and puts it into SharePoint for comments.
- A website is created within two days for the college community to give feedback.
- The self-study report draft opens for collegewide review March 1st through 16th. The website location for feedback is sent via email and NOT via the public BC website. [Please let us know of any errors or anything your department is doing that would support any of the good things discussed in the report!]
- The Editor+ASC+SEC review community responses and revise as needed before sending it to the Chancellor and Vice Chancellor of Educational Services.
- Over two weekends, April 20th through 30th, the Chancellor + Vice Chancellor review and give feedback.
- The Editor+ASC+SEC revise as needed April 30th through May 7th.
- The revised draft is submitted to the Board of Trustees (BOT) accreditation committee (Rosemarie Bans, Stu Witt, Kay Meek) on May 8th.
- The BOT accreditation committee meets May 23rd. The Editor+ASC+SEC revise as needed.
- The Final Copy is sent to the district office in the first week of June and then presented to full BOT for acceptance at their June 14th meeting.
- During the summer, the graphics will be finalized. Final Spiffy Copy (FSC) will be printed and mailed to ACCJC and the visiting team. ACCJC + visiting team will receive jump drives with PDF copies of the report and all evidence files. The FSC is posted to the public BC website.
- The Accreditation visiting team works at Bakersfield College October 22-25, 2012 (Monday through Thursday). Some collegewide campus meetings might be re-scheduled to take place during that week so the accreditation team can see the committee in action and ask questions of the committee.
This page was last updated:
September 11, 2012
Contact for this page: Nick Strobel