To return to the 100 Stars of Bakersfield College homepage, please click here.
One of the unique attributes of Bakersfield College is the strong commitment to the college by generations of families in the community. One example of this commitment to BC and to the football team is the Damron Family. 3 generations of the Damron family have attended and worked at Bakersfield college, both in the football program and in instruction.
DUANE DAMRON (dad and grandpa)
1 .Aprrox.36 years as Football Coach (offensive Coordinator) and Instructor
2. Part of two National Championship Teams 1976 and 1988
LYLE DAMRON (oldest brother)
1. 1975-76 Student and Offensive center on National Champ. Football Team in1976
2. Went on to graduate at Chico St.
1. 1977-78 Student and tight end (Offensive Captain /Most Inspirational Offensive Player)
2. Transferred to Colorado State to play 2 years
PAUL DAMRON (youngest brother)
1. 1980-81 Student and Defensive outside linebacker (bowl champs 1981)
2. Went on to play at Fresno St. and Graduate
SETH DAMRON (son of Brent)
1. 2006-07 Offensive Tight end
2. Member of two state play-off teams
3. Went on to play at Colorado Mesa Univ. and Graduate
-- Bonnie Suderman & Sandi Taylor