Bakersfield College was founded in 1913 and is one of the nation's oldest continually-operating community colleges.
The college serves 15,000 students on the 153-acre main campus in northeast Bakersfield, at the Weill Institute in downtown Bakersfield, and at the Delano Center 35 miles north of Bakersfield.
Classes are offered on a traditional 16-week semester calendar as well as in a variety of non-traditional scheduling options: evenings, weekends, short-term vocational programs and online.
- Student Success: Become an exemplary model of student success by developing and implementing best practices.
- Professional Development: Provide relevant, timely professional growth opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of our employees and institution.
- Communication: Enhance collaboration, consultation, and communication within the college and with external constituents.
- Facilities/Infrastructure: Improve maintenance of college facilities and infrastructure.
- Oversight & Accountability: Improve oversight, accountability, sustainability, and transparency in all college processes.
- Integration: Implement and evaluate existing major planning processes
To learn more about our goals and our work, visit these sites:
Mission, Vision & Values
Bakersfield College is committed to providing excellent learning opportunities in basic skills, career and technical education, and transfer courses for our community so that our students can thrive in a rapidly changing world.
The diverse communities we serve will trust Bakersfield College with their most precious resource - people. Our high standards of education and service will earn that trust. Our values will be evident in all that we do.
- Assisting students to achieve informed educational goals
- Meeting the highest standards of performance in everything we do
- Recruiting and retaining the best and brightest employees
- Promoting a climate of trust by sharing ideas and information
- Fostering a learning environment that respects and supports the diversity of people, ideas, learning styles and instructional methodologies
- Honoring the traditions and community involvement of Bakersfield College
- Relying on data-informed decision-making